No head? No problem. Cockroaches also need favorable places to live to successfully live and reproduce. Cockroach baits contain a slow-acting insecticide incorporated into a food attractant.
The worst thing is that roaches can carry alot of serious diseases. Salmonella Typhi, which causes Typhoid, has been found in roaches. Poliomyelitis, which causes Polio, has also been found in these insects. Roaches can also cause Dysentery, a disease that causes severe diarrhea that may include bleeding. If that not scary enough...we have more data!
Control methods may vary with different kinds of cockroaches and it is not unusual to find more than one species in the home. Vacuuming may be used in some cases to provide immediate reduction in the number of cockroaches.
A variety of application techniques and methods may then be used to provide a comprehensive cockroach treatment, including crack and crevice treatments, void treatments and baits.
Cockroaches are difﬁcult to control with insecticides for several reasons, one of which is that they may become resistant to commonly used compounds.
At Truly Green Pest Service we use the latest green technologies to keep the roaches out and you safe. Ask about our cockroach program today!
Cockroaches can wreak havoc on your home. To win the war in cockroach control, here’s what you should know:
- Entry: Cockroaches can enter your home in many different ways, from the outside through cracks and crevices, vents, sewer and drain pipes. We even bring them in on products like grocery bags, boxes, purses and on our person!
- Ideal environment: Your home is an ideal breeding ground most species of cockroaches. With plenty of food, warmth, water and nesting sites, they can remain active all year round.
- Reproduction: Cockroaches reproduce quickly. For every one you see there can be many, many more hiding and multiplying behind your walls.
- Evasiveness: Because cockroaches are nocturnal, if you’ve seen one, you probably haven’t seen them all. The few cockroaches you see by day could mean they were likely forced out by overcrowding; a possible sign of severe infestation.
- Allergies/Asthma: The dust created by cast-off cockroach skins, dead bodies and droppings can aggravate allergies, especially in children and sensitive individuals.
- Do-it-yourself ineffectiveness: Cockroaches are better at hiding than you are at finding them, and their eggs are naturally protected from insecticides. Without special equipment, materials and know-how, cockroach control can be a losing battle.
*Program doesn’t include treatment for: bed bugs, termites, serious brown recluse spider infestations, carpenter bees carpenter ants, and infestations requiring fumigation.
These services require an additional bid.